György Rauscher was born in Dorog in 1902.
They moved to Komárom in 1903, where his father was appointed chief medical officer.
György Rauscher began his painting studies at the Benedictine grammar school in Komárom as the student of Károly Harmos. He later studied in Vienna and continued his studies in Budapest. He also lived in Paris and Berlin, where he enjoyed successive artistic successes, especially in Berlin’s elite film circles.
The artist, who had been exhibiting regularly since 1923, died in 1930 and is buried in the Jewish cemetery in North Komárom.